This is not a healthy recipe, but I don’t like that my kids miss out on foods that other kids enjoy once in a while. So as a special treat and to give them some sort of normalcy I came up with this!
2/3 cup Coconut or Almond Milk Beverage
1 Tablespoon Agave Syrup
⅔ cup Potato Starch
⅔ cup Potato Flakes
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups Sunflower oil for frying
- In a deep skillet, heat about two cups of oil over medium-high heat until hot. Test the temperature by dropping a pinch of flour into the hot oil. If it sizzles right away without smoking, it’s perfect (about 350-400 degrees).
- Beat egg and milk. Mix all other ingredients in a separate bowl and slowly add to the egg mixture, beating until smooth.
- Place mixture in zip top bag, cut corner off
- Squeeze mixture into hot oil
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, flip over. Remove from the oil when golden brown and crispy.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve hot!
A Faith Waite Original Recipe